- This event has passed.
Keep on Growing!
August 5, 2017 @ 10:00 am$30
NEW for the 2017 season: We are now offering a chance to start your fall veggie garden with the experts! You will be provided with all of the materials and expert advice on how to start your garden!
- Sign up for only $30 and receive a full flat (which holds 48 plants), seeds, a soil mix perfect for veggies and our special blend of fertilizer. If you would like to plant an additional flat, simply pay an extra $10.
- If you have particular veggies in mind, you may also bring your own seeds and we will deduct $5 from the cost of the class
- Just as with our spring seed starting class, we have selected the seeds of the top-performing varieties of veggies for this class based on our experience. Many are the same that we grow here ourselves and are perfect for fall harvesting! Some of the veggies that will be available for your choice include: kale, collard greens, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, escarole, beets, parsley and basil. During the class, our Head Grower will also share expert advice on the best tips to care for your seedlings and getting them planted for the fall. You’ll learn how easy it is to extend your growing season into October and November!
- Once you have finished planting your seeds, you can take your flat home with you and let them grow until they are ready to be planted in your garden.
- Reservations are required.
- If you would like to sign up, please call us at 860-378-0071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your reservation by Monday, July 31.
- Spaces are limited.