- This event has passed.
Let’s Get Growing!
April 6, 2019 @ 10:00 am$30.00
Start your spring vegetable seeds with the expertise of Winterberry’s Head Grower, Sebby Milano.
Don’t have the time or space but love to garden? Let Winterberry be your solution! Back by popular demand: We are again offering a chance to start your vegtable garden with the experts! You will be provided with all of the materials and a prime spot in one of our greenhouses to start your garden!
- Sign up for only $30 and receive a full flat (which holds 48 plants), seeds, a soil mix perfect for veggies, and our special blend of fertilizer. If you would like to plant an additional flat, simply pay an extra $10.
- If you have particular veggies in mind, you may also bring your own seeds and we will deduct $5 from the cost of the class.
Based on our years of experience, we have selected only the seeds of the top-performing varieties of veggies for this class. Many are the same that we grow here ourselves! Some of the veggies and herbs that will be available for your choice include: kale, collard greens, broccoli, lettuce, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, parsley and basil. Plant your seeds during the class and leave them with us to grow. During the class, our Head Grower will also share expert advice on the best tips to care for your seedlings. We encourage you to come visit your seedlings each week to check on their progress. Plants need love too!
- Any time after May 1, your seedlings will be ready for you to pick up and plant. All plants must be picked up by Saturday, May 4, at the latest.
That same day (Saturday, May 4 at 10:00 am), we are offering our Easy Vegetable Gardening Class. It is the perfect extension of what you will learn in this class since Sebby will share how to plant your seedlings in your garden and how to care for and maintain them. See more information about our Easy Vegetable Gardening class. We will also be offering another seed starting class for fall veggies (details below). Sign up for all three vegetable classes and pay only $20 for the Easy Vegetable Gardening class and $20 for the Keep on Growing Seed class, rather than the typical class cost of $30 per class, saving you a total of $20!
- Reservations are required. If you would like to sign up, please call us at 860-378-007 or email email@example.com.
- Please make your reservation for the first session on April 6 by Monday, April 1. Spaces are limited.