Driver – Garden Center
you enjoy caring for plants or like to give gardening advice to those who ask,
then you will enjoy working at Winterberry Gardens. Working at our nursery
offers many opportunities for those who enjoy selling, working with the general
public, care of nursery stock and creating a welcoming, warm community type of
Our nursery and garden
center focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public.
In addition, Winterberry offers additional services to residential and commercial
clients. Many of our customers look to our nursery for tips on how to nurture
their plants, as well as product suggestions. This position is for a Driver and will be for the upcoming Spring 2019 Season.
ideal candidate should be a friendly, people-oriented person, and have a
customer-focused mindset at all times. Retail experience is a plus, but not
required. Essential skills include: superior people skills, time management,
multi-tasking in a busy environment, good listening skills, computer skills,
professional phone skills, and a consistently positive attitude. Must have a reliable
vehicle for transportation to and from work. Must be able to stand for long
periods, and should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Responsible for making all bulk and plant deliveries for the garden center.
Customer Service First Attitude; greeting and welcoming clients.
- Picking up stock and orders.
- Assisting the planting crew when larger projects are in progress.
- Be fully familiar with all Winterberry policies, programs, and events schedule.
- Answer questions and direct customer to various areas of the nursery, or find a sales associate or horticulturalist to assist them.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment on and off the campus.
- Coordinate with manager on daily tasks and assignments.
about the job
Availability on weekends.
- Full Time positions available.
- Must have valid driver’s license, Non-CDL licenses only.