Planting Crew Foreman
PLANTING CREW FOREMAN
If you enjoy working with nature, caring for plants or like to give gardening advice to those who ask, then you will enjoy working at Winterberry Gardens. Working at our nursery offers many opportunities for those who enjoy selling, working with the general public, care of nursery stock and creating a welcoming, warm community type of atmosphere.
Our nursery and garden center focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public. In addition, Winterberry offers additional services to residential and commercial clients. Many of our customers look to our nursery for tips on how to nurture their plants, as well as product suggestions. This position is for a Planting Crew Foreman and will be for the upcoming Spring 2020 Season.
The ideal candidate should be a hardworking, friendly, people-oriented person, and have a customer-focused mindset at all times. This person should be familiar with all facets of the landscaping industry, including the ability to read and understand basic landscape prints. Essential skills include: superior people skills, time management, multi-tasking in a busy environment, good listening skills, professional phone skills, and a consistently positive attitude. During busy times, may be required to work in the garden center and interact with customers. Must have a reliable vehicle for transportation to and from work and a valid license. Must be able to stand for long periods and should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
In order to be considered for this position, please complete the below survey link.
- Leading a landscape crew as a working foreman.
- Physical work; including planting, installing hardscapes, loading and unloading deliveries
- Supervise and facilitate detailed instructions and organize a crew and jobsite on a daily basis.
- Maintain a working relationship with designers and managers to facilitate outstanding project results; including providing an excellent customer experience.
- Maintaining and running equipment.
- Completing and reconciling daily job reports and time cards.
- Be fully familiar with all Winterberry policies, programs, and events schedule.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment on and off the campus.
- Coordinate with manager on daily tasks and assignments.
- During busy times, may be required to work in the garden center and interact with customers.
More about the job
- Knowledge of trees and shrubs, perennials and annuals is a plus.
- Availability on weekends, when needed.
- Full Time positions available.
- Must have valid driver’s license, CDL is a plus.