Design & Build
Teaming across the entire Winterberry Group
organization, the role of the Landscape Designer is to actively seek out new
business opportunities, meet with clients to fully understand their needs, and
then create world-class designs that meets their expectations and enhance their
landscaping lifestyles. Working with the
Operations Manager, the Landscape Designer will use their client-specific
designs to construct accurate estimates and pricing proposals, and walk clients
through to contract acceptance.
Internally, the Landscape Designer will be responsible for periodically visiting the client sites ensuring that the
projects are constructed in accordance with the plans. They will also be proactive with trouble-shooting problems as they arise.
The Landscape Designer is also responsible for representing the company prominently at industry trade show and other similar events as part of the company’s business development efforts to generate new leads.
- Proactively seeking out potential clients through networking and targeted marketing.
- Consulting with clients to fully understand their needs and expectations, visiting client properties, surrounding areas, and gathering other necessary site information, as appropriate.
- Developing a world-class landscaping design that meets the client’s expectations and budget.
- Developing accurate project estimates and pricing proposals, and converting them into contracts.
- Working with the Operations Manager to develop thoughtful project plans for each engagement taking into account timing, required staffing, as well as materials and other resources required.
- Ensuring the highest quality standards and safety protocols are followed at all times.
- Promoting exceptional customer service throughout the project.
- Developing other team members through active coaching, on-the-job training, and thoughtful performance appraisals.
- Staying current with respect to industry trends and projects thought leadership inside and outside the company.
- Contributing to the overall success of the Winterberry Group through cooperative teamwork.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the landscape construction industry – both commercial and residential – including leading and managing small teams
- Design experience is essential to this role.
- Bachelors degree preferred, but not required
- Class I or II driver license
- Strong working knowledge of plants, turf, soil and related diseases
- Strong working knowledge of landscaping stones and materials
- Strong working knowledge of industry and company-specific protocol and procedures for installing and maintaining landscaping products
- Strong working knowledge of landscaping machinery, equipment and tools
- Strong working knowledge of the New England climate and its impact on plants, soil and turf
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills positively impacting teams and clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of successful consulting with clients regarding needs and desires
- Strong estimating – including small on-the-spot estimates – sales and project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible to adjust to changing demands
- Projects a positive and professional image
- Proficient in MS
Office, CAD, other industry-specific applications, and mobile technology