Landscape and Construction Labor
About the job:
Ability to perform routine manual and semi-skilled work in the landscape or construction industry. Responsible for the equipment used in their day to day operations. This position may operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Preparation of construction site, digging trenches and setting of support braces in trenches
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner in accordance with company policy
- Ability to use shovels, picks, axes, portable grinders and buffers, hand wire brushes, jackhammers, tampers, paving breakers and weed eaters
- Must ensure the use of personal safety equipment i.e. safety glasses, face shields, gloves and hard hats
- Ability to pull, lift and carry heavy objects
- Must be able to move in any type of soil conditions and terrain
- Ability to enter and exit trenches by either a ladder or ramp
- Flexibility of working long hours and the ability to work in all types of weather conditions
- Maintain a clean job site and to pick up all tools and equipment and secure the jobsite each day
Other duties that may be required
Minimum qualifications: (Based upon level of position, not all may apply)
- Require a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent reading skills to understand and comprehend all construction warning signs.
- Be able to work out of state for extended periods of time
- Great attention to safety
- OSHA certification may be required
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Will be lifting, pushing, pulling or carries heavy objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support. Must have good manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination and balance. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.