Commercial Project Estimator
The Project Estimator and Coordinator is responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
Prepares weekly bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Creates job folders.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into computer spreadsheet.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors.
- Prepares cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Makes an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Photocopies documents and plans.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Time Management.