Garden Center Front End Manager
Winterberry is looking for a Front End Manager to manager the retail front end as well as a team of cashiers in a fast paced environment. If
you enjoy caring for plants or like to give gardening advice to those who ask,
then you will enjoy working in our Garden Center. Working at our nursery
offers many opportunities for those who enjoy selling, working with the general
public, care of nursery stock and creating a welcoming, warm community type of
Our nursery and garden
center focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public.
In addition, Winterberry offers additional services to residential and commercial
clients. Many of our customers look to our nursery for tips on how to nurture
their plants, as well as product suggestions. This position is for a Front End Manager and will be for the upcoming Spring 2019 Season.
- Manage all front end team members.
- Performing routine administrative tasks as needed.
- Experience with operating a Point-of-Sale (POS) system.
- Experience with restocking, tagging and merchandising.
- Answer questions and direct customer to various areas of the nursery, or find a sales associate or horticulturalist to assist them.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment in and around the front end.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
about the job
Availability on weekends is a MUST!
Planting and watering as needed depending on needs of the business.
Knowledge of annuals, tropicals, perennials, and trees and shrubs is a plus.
This is a full time, seasonal position.