Mason & Paver Landscape Foreman
Design & Build
The role of the Landscape Construction Foreman is the successful supervision and
completion in the field of construction projects through active hands-on
management of the crew members and personally contributing to the
construction of the project. This role involves a significant amount of hands-on labor, intensive role. In doing
so, the Foreman is responsible for the overall site safety, quality and
craftsmanship, and project completion in accordance with the project plan,
timeline and budget. This position requires you to be a working foreman with and manage a small crew.
Fully understanding the project plan before fieldwork begins.
- Working with the crew members to make certain they understand the project, their individual roles, and the timeline for completion. Ensuring crew members are motivated for successful job completion.
- Proficient with landscape and construction machinery (skid loaders, tractors, excavators).
- Responsible for hauling machinery with trucks and trailers.
- Ability to make decisions within reason and following the design specifications, communicating to designs on site issues that may arise.
- Experience with transit and grade change calculations.
- Ability to comprehend landscape drawings and their execution as well as communicate necessary requirements of design to crew members.
- Working with the Operations Manager to ensure all staffing has been completed and all materials, supplies have been procured in advance of project start, ordering additional materials and equipment, if necessary.
- Ensuring the site had been appropriately approved and marked for digging by CBYD
- Effectively troubleshooting problems and issues timely engaging the Operations Manager, Designers and/or others as needed.
- Accountability for the cleanliness and order of the site, trailer, and equipment notifying the Operations Manager of necessary repairs and maintenance. Performing daily equipment inspections.
- Completing and submitting accurate daily, detailed foreman sheets for each project site.
- Contributing to the overall success of the Winterberry Group through cooperative teamwork.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the landscape construction industry – both commercial and residential – including supervision of small teams.
- Driver license and driver medical card.
- OSHA 10-hour Certification Card (within 90 days of assuming position).
- Experience in pavers, stone work, retaining walls, and planting, concrete work is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of landscaping machinery, equipment and tools.
- Strong working knowledge of the New England climate and its impact on plants, soil and turf.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills positively impacting teams and clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adjust working schedule on short notice or to accommodate current projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, yet flexible to adjust to changing demands.
- Projects a positive and professional image.
- Client service oriented and able to provide explanation and adjust to the needs of the client.
- Proficient in MS Office, other industry-specific applications, and mobile technology.
CDL Driver License a plus but not required.
- Snow removal experience is a plus for year round employment.