Accounts Payable Clerk
The Winterberry Group is in search of a Accounts Payable Clerk. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely within a team environment. If this sounds like you, then apply today!
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and departments by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.