We are looking for an Assistant Controller for our Finance department who will be responsible for record keeping, accounting of the organization and support the accounting management aspects. The job requires to manage sales and income tax reporting, insurance as well as internal audits. You will be responsible for the maintenance of overall financial and regulatory compliance and maintain the financial data of company. You will be required to make suggestions and forecasts for budgets.
If you think you are perfect and ready to be part of our team, we would like you to apply for this job.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll, Banking Requisitions, Cost Accounting, and Inventory Accounting.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Comprehensive understanding with the ability to interpret the General Ledger and analyze variances.
- Ability to coach, develop, and counsel financial staff to drive results and create seamless processes.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Communicate actively with Operations and HR to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Ability to facilitate payroll, union, DMV and tax audits.
- Monitor and assistant the financial team and manage the accounting department as needed.
- Additional Financial Controller duties as necessary.
- Ensuring payments to accounts and receivables are collected in accordance with company and contract guidelines.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely internal monthly, quarterly and yearend financial statements, including W2’s processing.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, experience with external auditors including WIP schedules; including but not limited to maintaining chart of accounts.
- Produce budgets, report and analyze job costs. Maintain chart of accounts.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union).
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings; experience with multi-state, and sales and use tax reporting.
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax guidelines in order to recommend and implement changes to maintain best-practice operations.
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounts or Business or Finance
- 5+ years of experience working in a financial firm or role
- Proficient in GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- CPA or CMA preferred, but not required
- Excellent financial analysis and reporting skills
- Experience with accounting software such as SAP
- Critical thinker having an analytical mind
- Proficient in MS Office