Winterberry Gardens is seeking a fleet professional to manage both vehicles and equipment used in the business. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for managing all company vehicle and attachments. This includes replacement analysis, repairs, inspections, inventory control, DOT compliance, vendor contracts and fuel strategy. Responsible for mechanic supervision, shop meetings, hiring decisions, employee training and performance evaluations. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers, employees, vendors and others.
- Minimum five years of experience in fleet management/maintenance
- Knowledge of and best practices related to landscape industry equipment/maintenance programs
- Experience with state, federal and local regulations related to fleet safety/permits
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform preventive repair.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations as well as write reports and procedure manuals.
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like aggregate number of hires by the department.
- Must possess a valid drivers license. (Class A preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but a combination of of education and experience will be considered
This is a year round full time fully benefited position: Matching 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO..More
Winterberry Gardens is an equal opportunity employer