you enjoy caring for plants or like to give gardening advice to those who ask,
then you will enjoy working at Winterberry Gardens. Working at our nursery
offers many opportunities for those who enjoy selling, working with the general
public, care of nursery stock and creating a welcoming, warm community type of
Our nursery and garden
center focuses on the sale of plants and horticultural products to the public.
In addition, Winterberry offers additional services to residential and commercial
clients. Many of our customers look to our nursery for tips on how to nurture
their plants, as well as product suggestions. This position is for a Greenhouse Associate and will be for the upcoming Spring 2021 Season.
ideal candidate should be a friendly, motivated, people-oriented person, and have a
customer-focused mindset at all times. Retail experience is a plus, but not
required. Essential skills include: superior people skills, time management,
multi-tasking in a busy environment, good listening skills, computer skills,
professional phone skills, and a consistently positive attitude. Must have a reliable
vehicle for transportation to and from work. Must be able to stand for long
periods, and should be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
Customer Service First Attitude; greeting and welcoming clients.
- Be fully familiar with all Winterberry policies, programs, and events schedule.
- Work with guests in selecting annuals, tropicals, herbs and vegetables based on their needs.
- Creating beautiful annual containers.
- Plant watering and maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment in and around the garden center.
- Unloading, stocking and pricing plants.
- Coordinate with greenhouse manager on daily tasks and assignments.
about the job
Availability on weekends.
- Full Time & Part Time positions available.
- Knowledge of annuals, tropicals, perennials, and trees and shrubs is preferred.
- This is a seasonal position.