The primary role of the Service Technician is to perform all
irrigation tasks for residential and commercial accounts while maintaining good
customer relations. These tasks include, but are not limited to: Start-ups,
mid-season checks, repairs, site evaluations, advanced programming of
controllers, and winterizations.
The Service Technician must demonstrate the ability to adapt
to any situation that may arise, while being able to use innovative problem
solving skills, as well as traditional methods of completing irrigation tasks.
Must have a strong working knowledge of all products used in
the trade, and use this knowledge in selecting and using the best suited
product to complete tasks. Must also gain knowledge of all new releases and be
aware of upcoming trends.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all necessary irrigation service tasks for the Irrigation Service Department.
Ensuring quality control for all jobs performed.
Demonstrate outstanding troubleshooting and decision making skills.
Pursue a continuing knowledge of all software used in the Irrigation Service Department.
Pursue and maintain knowledge of all products and trends of the irrigation industry.
Attend continuing education classes to maintain trade license.
Keep an accurate inventory products for assigned service vehicle.
Maintain the accuracy of Irrigation As-Built drawings.
Assist with consistently collecting data on all existing and new service accounts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the service/installation aspects of irrigation – commercial and residential or a combination of either.
- State of Connecticut J-4 License is preferred, or the ability to acquire a J-4 License within one (1) year.
- Strong working knowledge of the irrigation industry.
- Ability to travel, as needed, for the position.
- Advanced Irrigation Controller experience (2-Wire) is a plus
- Pump experience is a plus
ADDITONAL JOB INFORMATION
Dig, push, pull, drive, lay. lift, and carry out all aspects of irrigation installation service.
- Lift up to 40 lbs.
- Stand for extended periods.
- Tolerance of any and all weather conditions – heat,cold, rain, snow