This summer salad is perfect for summer picnics and as a dinner side! You can use fresh veggies from your garden, and change the mix based on what is in season!
- 1 lb. pasta
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then sliced
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ medium red onion, diced or sliced
- ⅔ c. diced red bell peppers or diced roasted red peppers
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can sliced black olives
- ⅔ c. Italian dressing (I used Newman’s Own)
- ¼ c. grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. kosher sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Place a large pot of water over high heat, bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package’s directions. Drain and set aide.
- Meanwhile, prep the veggies. Then in a medium bowl, whisk together the dressing, parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- In the large pot, combine the pasta, veggies, and dressing. Stir until combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.